The Flower Hat is a flower farm and floral design studio, located in Bozeman. We provide custom floral designs for weddings and events. We are looking for a full-time floral designer/farm worker, also known as farmer-florist, who are a good fit for out “seed to centerpiece” business model. This person is expected to have common sense, curiosity, attention to detail, resilience, some schedule flexibility, and great communication and interpersonal skills. This person must also be able to work outdoors and indoors for long stretches in a fast paced environment under various weather conditions, have initiative, take direction, pay attention to detail and work well with others as well as on their own. This person will be responsible for tasks related to both the floral design studio and the flower farm.
• Assist with seed starting, planting, weeding, watering and harvesting schedules
• Communicate with other employees about daily tasks based on farm plans
• Receive flowers and process accordingly
• Maintain a clean and functional workspace
• Clean out the cooler once per week
• Deliver flowers to Big Sky, and Bozeman; keeping in mind you are representing the company
• Keep vases and buckets cleaned and organized
• Assist with wedding flower execution, delivery, set up and tear down
• Uphold the policies and protocol outlined in the Employee Manual
• Perform other duties as assigned based on business needs
While this list may be intimidating, not all of these tasks happen all the time. We try to keep it organized, tackling one task at a time. Working with flowers is a gratifying and we try to keep it fun. We just ask that you keep in mind that this job is far beyond “playing with flowers” and “being outside”. Please take in consideration other aspects of the job when you apply. For each event:
This is a paid position, starting immediately. This position is full time and requires weekend availability. Pay is DOE.
• You must be able to show up to work on time. We expect you to show up to your scheduled shifts.
• Safety always comes first! You must be comfortable working in appropriate gear: waterproof shoes, overalls when required (we provide), raincoat, down jackets, etc. Absolutely no open-toed shoes, sandals, etc, in the studio, or on the farm or at event set up. For events and deliveries, we expect you to appear professional.
• You must be comfortable using garden tools (shovel, rake, hoes, tillers, etc). Proper use of all aforementioned tools will be shown to you and must be followed.
• Initiative is an absolute must. We work in a small company that has big goals. We see this position as a crucial supporting pillar that affects everything that we do. There is plenty to do around the farm, and in the studio.
• Organization – There is a long list of things to do, and we understand that. We have absolutely no expectation that everything will get done in one day. The expectation that we do have is that the employee will stay organized and finish what they start, before they embark on a new task.
• Efficiency – Be fast but thorough! The more productive you are, the more we can accomplish as a team!
• You must be able to lift 50lbs, somewhat repeatedly. This would be for bags of compost, fertilizer, buckets of flowers, shoveling mulch, etc.
• Have good communication skills and communicate with other employees about tasks that need to be performed.
• Have a positive attitude, be on time and have fun.
Housing is NOT available on the farm or included in this position.
If you think you’d be a great fit for this position, please apply using the link below.